Looking to whip up a healthy breakfast from the comfort of your room? Well, we’re serving up another Res Hall Gourmet—your guide to making food magic happen with basic skills and easy-to-find ingredients.
In this episode, start your day off right by heating up some healthy grains—breakfast quinoa.
- Rinse half a cup of quinoa in water and drain
- Pour the wet quinoa into your favorite mug and stir in one cup of cold water, a half-teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of butter (or margarine)
- Heat in the microwave for four minutes—stir—then heat for three more minutes
- Cover and let sit for two minutes
- Fluff your mixture with a fork, stirring in another teaspoon of butter
- Enjoy your hard work!
Pro tip: Before you dig in, consider topping it with milk, maple syrup, banana slices (or more cinnamon) to spice things up.